The Sheffield City Region is home to the UK’s #1 Enterprise Zone for Modern Manufacturing and Technology.
Since the launch of our Enterprise Zone, 18 new companies have located on our Enterprise Zone with 480 jobs already created on site and around 400 set to be created in the coming months. Our Zone is also home to over 160 students at the University of Sheffield’s AMRC Training Centre −providing the skills that manufacturing companies need to compete globally.
This includes the following modern manufacturing and technology companies: X-Cel Superturn, Sarclad, Xeros and Elbee. This places the Sheffield City Region Enterprise Zone among the best performers in the UK.
In April 2013, the Financial Times newspaper picked the Sheffield City Region Enterprise Zone out as a success story. This followed an earlier report in the Financial Times’ FDi magazine which ranked the Enterprise Zone as number 1 in the UK and number 37 in the world.
Businesses which locate in the Enterprise Zone can benefit from:
- Substantial tax incentives
- Business friendly planning
- Opportunities to collaborate (join world leaders including Boeing and Rolls-Royce)
- Road, train, sea and air connections in the heart of the UK
- Superfast, fibre-optic broadband
- Historic cities, delightful market towns and the beautiful Peak District National Park
Click here to see the Sheffield Enterprise Zone website.
Click here to see the Sheffield City Region Inward Investment website detailing all incentives.