International trade and investment is on the agenda
International trade and investment is on the agenda as Sheffield City Region attends the International Festival for Business 2016
Business leaders from across the Sheffield City Region (SCR) are preparing to attend the world’s largest business festival, the International Festival for Business (IFB 2016), taking place in Liverpool from 13 June to 1 July. Participants from across the region will have the opportunity to meet with business leaders from across the UK and around the world to discuss the many valuable trade and investment opportunities that the SCR has to offer.
The IFB 2016, which is free of charge to participants, will comprise over 75 events, 85 international delegations, and 40,000 delegates (including 10,000 international visitors). The Festival, taking place at Liverpool’s purpose-built Exhibition Centre, is an excellent opportunity for UK businesses motivated to grow or trade overseas, and for international companies that want to expand in Britain.
The SCR is committed to supporting IFB 2016 as part of its broader objectives to support the region’s businesses in their internationalisation strategies, and to increase the amount of foreign direct investment into the SCR. The region is recognised for its reliability and its ability to deliver; it has built innumerable global business partnerships driven by an innovative and straightforward approach.
The SCR LEP welcomes meetings with businesses across all sectors during the event. The various opportunities for SCR-based business at the IFB 2016 include:
- Three weeks of cutting-edge events, speakers, conferences, seminars and showcases
- A chance to join the IFB 2016 Business Club for match-making appointments allowing participants to access business leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs from around the world to explore ideas, network and build partnerships
- Access to Meet-the-Expert seminars and workshops designed for SMEs with growth and export ambitions
- Meet your Future Deal, the world’s biggest ‘Meet-the-Buyer’ event with free, one-to-one meetings with buyers, suppliers and investors
- Meet your Specialist Advisor: free one-to-one appointments with leading industry experts offering bespoke advice
- Live export opportunities
- Available funding streams for eligible SMEs
Sir Nigel Knowles, Chair of the Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership said: “The International Festival for Business is a globally significant business festival which the Sheffield City Region is excited to be supporting. We look forward to showcasing to international business leaders all that the Sheffield City Region has to offer – our no-nonsense approach to business and our highly-efficient regulatory systems make the SCR an incredibly attractive place to do business in the UK, and it is time to promote these qualities to the global business community. I hope to see many of the SCR’s business leaders and entrepreneurs at this event – the SCR is standing by to help you and your business make the most of this excellent opportunity.”
William Beckett, Chairman of the International Trade Forum and Export Private Sector Lead for the Local Enterprise Partnership stated: “We are delighted to work in partnership with the Sheffield City Region to support IFB 2016 in Liverpool. The Festival offers numerous valuable opportunities for companies to increase their international activities across various sectors of the global marketplace.”
Funded places are available,to apply to participate please contact Renate Halton, International Trade Forum (firstname.lastname@example.org).