Web editor’s pick – top 5 City Region stories this week
Published 21st October 2016 at 12:54pm
- An SCR team were at No 10 Downing Street this morning (Friday 21 October) to talk about the investment opportunities in the region to an audience of key investors and Greg Hands, Minister for International Trade.
- Our £28billion Integrated Infrastructure Plan (IIP) which will guide the way we work toward our vision of achieving 70,000 jobs and 6,000 new businesses, was launched at MIPIM UK this week. MIPIM UK is the country’s largest annual showcase for property and investment professionals ,and the SCR’s strengths were strongly represented by our private and public sector leaders.
- The story about the IIP was featured on the front page of the Yorkshire Post, the front of the Business Section of the Sheffield Star, and in an interview on BBC’s Look North with Mayor Ros Jones. Other online and print outlets which ran the story circulate from as far afield as Scarborough, Whitby, Bridlington, Ripon, Harrogate and Pontefract.
- The SCR Growth Hub has outlined its new Growth Hub Enhancement project. This will offer grant support for growing businesses to access specialist expertise from consultants and business advisors for projects of up to £10,000.
- The National College for High Speed Rail, with a fast-growing site at Lakeside, Doncaster, opens its doors to the first intake of industry professionals and apprentices in September 2017, with courses for students aged 18+ starting the following academic year.Potential students or employers are invited to register interest now at http://nchsr.ac.uk