£1billion offer for MIPIM investors
Sheffield City Region has a long list of successes and £1billion of offers to take to MIPIM Cannes, the global property showcase, from Monday March 13 to Friday March 17.
- The UK’s first advanced manufacturing district
- Our international Aero Centre’s development
- Massive urban regeneration
- Newly-launched £20million housing and property fund
Already in 2017 three world-leading names have voted for the region with major investments – McLaren, Boeing, and Sheffield Forgemasters, creating extensive supply chain opportunities and boosting the local economy by over £200million.
On top of this we will be promoting investment opportunities worth a total of £1billion. Our largest-ever private business delegation will be available to talk about these success stories and many others from the private sector throughout the week.
The ‘supercharged’ Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District (AMID)
Outline of our ‘supercharged’ Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District where high value manufacturing drives new ideas, research, development and production. The AMID, home to the University of Sheffield’s world-leading Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, and the base for McLaren, Boeing and Sheffield Forgemasters, offers:
- A 2,000+ acre centre of excellence for innovation-led advanced manufacturing
- A £31million centre researching advanced materials for the aero and automotive sectors supported with £10million by the Sheffield City Region, set to boost the local economy by £100million
- Significant opportunities for collaboration and co-location on a 100-acre site being developed by the University of Sheffield
- New housing development with land and planning consent for 4,000 homes
- Forward funded commercial development in over 100 acres of ready land
- Longer term opportunities for student accommodation and PRS.
- University led-collaboration in R&D.
Flying high – the Aero Centre Yorkshire
- The Aero Centre, based at one of the UK’s fastest-growing airports and with a dedicated motorway link, is home to over 100 thriving businesses
- £200million investment in full service international airport and land bank
- £100 million investment opportunity including Enterprise Zone
Confidence and vision in our Urban Regeneration
- There is an unprecedented wave of regeneration across the region, which has £1 billion of investment opportunities and £20 million housing and property investment funds
- Key town centres are being revitalised
- Large-scale sites are available
- A pipeline of sites, developed in partnership with the Government’s Homes and Communities Agency (HCA), is ready for development.
- Our co-ordinated approach to working with developers, simplifying planning processes, means greater assurance for investors
- We work with large and small developers – and we have fantastic examples across the Sheffield City Region of innovative, developer friendly schemes.
And homes for all those workers
- At least 13,000 homes will be built on sites we are promoting at MIPIM
- They range from 4,000 units on one site in the AMID to a low carbon, sustainable development of 153 homes, creative spaces, shops, café and galleries in an area of Sheffield rapidly moving upmarket
Development is planned right across the region from the core city of Sheffield and the surrounding towns to more rural areas including former collieries, waterside developments, and 500 homes alongside the European Tour Golf development in Doncaster