13,000 homes for booming Sheffield City Region
Join us to hear about the opportunities at:
Urban Regeneration and Housing Opportunities in the Sheffield City Region
- Date: Wednesday 15 March 2017
- Time: 3pm-5pm
- Venue: Sheffield City Region Headquarters, Residence Riviera Palace, 5 Rue de Lerins, 2nd Floor (with lift), 06400 Cannes
- Please click on Eventbrite page to book and RSVP with any dietary requirements
At least 13,000 homes are set to be built in the booming Sheffield City Region in the next few years.
With global names including McLaren and Boeing announcing multi-million-pound investment in the region, creating jobs and massive supply chain opportunities, the region is speeding up housebuilding with its strategic £20million Housing and Property Fund.
The Fund will prioritise investment in enabling infrastructure, as well as supporting the actual construction of new homes. As a locally based fund it can look at local market conditions which are a barrier to housing delivery, and decide on what is a good return on investment while considering the wider economic and social value of housing.
SCR funds can accelerate new housing schemes by enabling or unlocking infrastructure, direct investment, helping to speed up work underway on site, and site acquisitions.
The numbers of homes to be built across the region range from 4,000 units on one site in the region’s Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District (which will be home to both McLaren and Boeing) to a low carbon, sustainable development of 153 homes, creative spaces, shops, café and galleries in an area of Sheffield rapidly moving upmarket.
Development is planned throughout the region from the core city of Sheffield and the surrounding towns to more rural areas including former collieries, waterside developments, and 500 homes alongside the European Tour Golf development in Doncaster
- A good example of SCR funding already helping to unlock development sites is the £300million Chesterfield Waterside scheme, currently one of the largest regeneration projects in the UK. A £2.7million grant from the SCR enabled the first phase of Waterside to be brought forward including 1500 houses and apartments.
- In Doncaster, the Heatherfields project is regenerating the former Rossington Colliery site where 1,200 homes are planned
- In Bassetlaw, the Harworth Housing Zone is at an advanced stage due to partnership working between Bassetlaw District Council and the landowner, Harworth Group. The zone was submitted for a bid last January to develop an additional 1,628 homes plus infrastructure on the site, allowing work to go ahead more quickly than originally planned.
- 576 units across sites in Rotherham town centre with the potential for 1,000 more units coming to market over the longer term.
Housing is just part of the picture of success and opportunities in the Sheffield City Region. Journalists, investors and developers are invited to join us at MIPIM Cannes, either at our stand in the Palais des Festivals R7 C17 all week, to hear about the £1billion opportunities the region’s team is promoting, or at one of the events below where exciting announcements will be made.
To attend our events click on Eventbrite page.