Booming Sheffield City Region takes innovation to MIPIM
Join us to hear the latest announcements about the AMID:
Building an Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse
- Date: Wednesday 15 March 2017
- Time: 9am-11.30am
- Venue: Sheffield City Region Headquarters, Residence Riviera Palace, 5 Rue de Lerins, 2nd Floor (with lift), 06400 Cannes
- Please click Eventbrite page to book and RSVP with any dietary requirements
Sheffield’s ‘supercharged’ Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District (AMID) is the world-class focus of research and advanced manufacturing which convinced first supercar maker McLaren, and hot on its heels aero giant Boeing, to announce major investments in the region in the past month. The Sheffield City Region works in close partnership with businesses and the leading research and development centres in the region: both McLaren and Boeing came to the SCR to continue their longstanding research collaboration with The University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre.
Join us to hear an exciting update on the AMID project, where partnership support offered by the Sheffield City Region (SCR) and the dynamic force of the new ideas, research, development and high value production seen at the AMID made the offer irresistible. The AMID, among the first of its kind in the UK, clusters cutting-edge research facilities in working areas that are also pleasant to live in and have good transport links.
The AMID in the SCR features:
- A 2,000+ acre centre of excellence for innovation-led advanced manufacturing
- A £31million centre researching advanced materials for the aero and automotive sectors supported with £10million by the Sheffield City Region, set to boost the local economy by £100million
- Significant opportunities for collaboration and co-location on a 100-acre site being developed by the University of Sheffield
- New housing development with land and planning consent for 4,000 homes
- Forward funded commercial development in over 100 acres of ready land
- Longer term opportunities for student accommodation and PRS
- University led-collaboration in R&D.
The AMID is just part of the picture of success in the Sheffield City Region. Journalists, property developers and investors are invited to join us at MIPIM Cannes, either at our stand in the Palais des Festivals R7 C17 all week, to hear about the £1billion opportunities the region’s team is promoting, or at one of the events below where specialist announcements will be made.
If you would like to attend one or all of the events please click on
Eventbrite page to book