Verdion completes new Amazon mega shed at iPort
Verdion has completed construction of the new 1.1 million sq ft logistics facility for Amazon at iPort, Doncaster.
The 6million sq ft strategic rail freight interchange in Doncaster is half a kilometre in length and equivalent to 14 football pitches. The interior has been fitted out to Amazon’s cutting edge specification.
John Clements, European Development Director, Verdion, comments: “We are delighted to have completed on schedule, less than 12 months after signing the deal with Amazon – extremely quick for such a large and complex project.”
Ros Jones, Mayor of Doncaster, said: “The pace of development at the iPort is staggering. The creation of Great Yorkshire Way which enabled this scheme to progress is continuing to prove its worth in terms of delivering jobs and growth.”
Sheffield City Region (SCR) is funding the second stretch of the Great Yorkshire Way which will run from the iPort to Doncaster Sheffield Airport, and Chair of the SCR Local Enterprise Partnership Sir Nigel Knowles said: “We were delighted when Verdion chose the region for its great connectivity and the very positive working partnership we and Doncaster Council have had with them. The iPort is adding to the huge employment growth we are seeing in this region – 37,000 jobs have been created here in the last two years.”
- Gent Visick, CBRE and Colliers are letting agents for iPort.
- Verdion is a leading European real estate investor and developer of logistics warehousing, with a €1 billion portfolio of Grade A logistics space.
- Verdion invests in and develops new buildings for Europe’s leading logistics, e-tailing and industrial companies on a full design and financed basis. The company acquires and controls large areas of strategic development land to meet the needs of its client partners.
- Verdion’s portfolio includes significant investments in Germany, Sweden, Denmark and the UK. Highlights include: iPort, the £500 million, 6 million sq ft (557,440 sq m) intermodal logistics project in Doncaster, South Yorkshire; Verdion ExpoPark in Hannover Germany, with Phase 1 of 650,000 sq ft (60,000 sq m) built and leased to Avarto Bertelsmann; the 366,000 sq ft (34 sq m) bespoke facility for Siemens in Chemnitz, Germany and; the 290,635 sq ft (27,000 sq m) logistics facility for BMW in Malmö, Sweden.
- The Verdion business continues to invest in strategic land and new development investment opportunities and has a current development pipeline exceeding 10 million sq ft (929,000 sq m).
- Verdion was founded by Michael Hughes in January 2010. Headquartered in London, Verdion also has mainland offices in Düsseldorf, Germany and Malmö, Sweden.