Freedom of information, standards and ethics
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities, including the Combined Authority. It sets out exemptions from that right and places a number of obligations on the authority, such as time for compliance, the right by an applicant to complain about the handling of their request, and a code of practice on record keeping.
Freedom of Information matters relating to the SCR are processed by the Barnsley MBC Customer Feedback and Improvement Team.
Any written question received by officers – or members – or references Freedom of Information, should be sent to: Informationrequests@Barnsley.gov.uk unless it is obviously “business as usual” and can be processed routinely.
The Localism Act 2011 introduces new standards arrangements for Members of Authorities from the 1 July 2012. In implementing these new arrangements the Combined Authority will:
- Adopt a Code of Conduct for Members;
- Approved arrangements for dealing with breaches of the Code;
- Set up a Register of Members’ Interests;
- Appoint a Scrutiny and Overview Committee.
Code of Conduct
- The Code requires Members to act in conformity with the Seven Principles of Public Life – selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership; and
- Sets out the pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests that Members must register and disclose. The interests referred to as disclosable pecuniary interests are specified in statutory regulations.
Register of Members’ Interests
Individual Members’ Register of Interests can be viewed by clicking on the name of the relevant Board Member on the here:
LEP Board members page – http://www.southyorks.gov.uk/JAGUHome/LocalEnterprisePartnership/LEPMembers.aspx
The Register is open for inspection by the public at the Authority’s offices at 18 Regent Street, Barnsley during normal office hours.
How to Complain about a Member of the Authority
If you wish to make a complaint about a Member of the Combined Authority, please write to, or e-mail:
The Deputy Monitoring Officer
South Yorkshire Joint Secretariat
18 Regent Street