Careers at Sheffield City Region
Sheffield City Region is recruiting
SCR spans nine local authorities is a functional economic area home to 1.8m people, 700,000 jobs, 52,000 businesses and an economy worth £30.6bn. The Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) was formed in 2010 and brings together business leaders from the private sector and the public sector. The SCR Combined Authority (CA) was formed in 2014 and brings together the elected Leaders of our nine authorities. In 2014 the City Region produced its Strategic Economic Plan (SEP), to grow and transform its economy.
Location: Broad Street West, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
The Sheffield City Region LEP working with the Combined Authority secured a £320 million Growth Deal for Sheffield City Region, the fifth most substantial Growth Deal that any City Region has made with Government. More latterly, Sheffield City Region has agreed a Devolution Deal with Government, which will give local authority and business leaders’ greater say over how they grow the local economy. The SCR Executive Team is now recruiting to the following positions:
- Assistant Director – Programme Assurance
- Programme Management Support Officer
- Events and Marketing Officer – Growth Hub (This post is part funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020)
The closing date for the 3 posts above is 05.05.2017
- Strategic Corporate Affairs Manager
- Strategic Marketing Manager
- Press and Communications Manager
The closing date for applications is 12.5.17
Recruitment is managed on behalf of the SCR by Barnsley Council and further details are available at www.barnsley.gov.uk. For further information and an informal conversation regarding the vacancies please contact Ruth Adams on 0114 220 3442.