Sheffield City Region (SCR) is developing a new Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) to set out how we plan to grow our economy, create new jobs, and build an even better place in which to live, work and invest.
Our current SEP set out the City Region’s plans to transform our economy between 2015 and 2025. Good progress has been made against the original ambitions, but there is more to do. Developing a new strategy presents the opportunity for us to do this.
Evidence for the refreshed Strategic Economic Plan (SEP)
Economic evidence shows that the Sheffield City Region economy is growing, but not quickly enough. We know that our productivity is constraining our potential for growth. Click here to see how we perform compared to other Local Enterprise Partnership areas in England, and here to see how, if productivity performance improved our economy would be much larger.
Our emerging economic strategy is drawn upon a detailed evidence base. Take a look at the documents below to find out more; and let us know if there is more evidence we should consider by emailing email@example.com.
- Strategic Economic Plan (2015)
- Transport Vision (2018)
- Transport Strategy (2019)
- Integrated Infrastructure Plan (2016)
- Digital Action Plan (2018)
- ESIF Strategy (2016)
- Sustainable Urban Development Strategy (2017)
- Science and Innovation Audit (2016)
- SCR Labour Market Review (2016)
- Level 3 Curriculum Review (2017)
- Hard to fill vacancies (2017)
- Science & Innovation Audit (2017)
- Economic Evidence Base (2019) (Excel Download)
- SCR Supply Chain – High Value Manufacturing (2018)
- Global Innovation Corridor evidence base (2019)
- Embedding inclusive growth in Sheffield City Region (2019)
- SCR Inclusive Growth Data (Excel Download)
- Energy Strategy and Delivery Plan (forthcoming)
- SCR Internal research 2019 (forthcoming)