How we make decisions
All decisions of the Combined Authority and its Committees are publicly available. For details of all committees follow this link.
To ensure that the appropriate processes and protocols are in place for investment decisions within Sheffield City Region, a single Assurance Framework has been developed and is followed by the Combined Authority.
This framework sets out the mechanisms used to make investment decisions in relation to Sheffield City Region funding.
Sheffield City Region’s decision making framework is described in its Constitution and we adhere to a code of corporate governance that describes what the public and private sector partnership is accountable for.
The constitution includes:
- a Scheme of Delegation
- Financial Regulations
- Members and Officers code of conduct
- Audit Committee terms of reference
- Whistleblowing policy
- Anti-Fraud and Bribery policy
The Localism Act 2011 introduces new standards arrangements for Members of Authorities from the 1 July 2012. In implementing these new arrangements the Combined Authority will:
- Adopt a Code of Conduct for Members;
- Approved arrangements for dealing with breaches of the Code;
- Set up a Register of Members’ Interests;
- Appoint a Scrutiny and Overview Committee.
Code of Conduct
- The Code requires Members to act in conformity with the Seven Principles of Public Life – selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership; and
- Sets out the pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests that Members must register and disclose. The interests referred to as disclosable pecuniary interests are specified in statutory regulations.
If you’re unhappy with any aspect of work overseen by the Sheffield City Region, or about a decision, you can make a complaint.
All feedback is welcome and will be acted on to help improve the services we provide.
Our full complaints procedure can be found on the following link:
If you wish to make a complaint about a Member of the Combined Authority, please write to, or e-mail:
The Deputy Monitoring Officer
South Yorkshire Joint Secretariat
18 Regent Street