The Health-led Employment Trial is an experimental trial testing an employment support service for people with a health condition. The trial aims to find out how good this new service is at helping people to find and stay in work.
The Trial involves:
- One-to-one support to suit needs and employment goals
- Working with health care teams to help manage any difficulties
- Help in finding a job, and continued support once in work
- Help to continue working if people are struggling to manage your health condition at work
- Benefits advice to find out if work could increase income
- Help talking to employers about needs at work
- Meetings over the phone or in person at a convenient location
How does the trial work?
The Health-led Employment Trial is a randomised control trial, meaning people who take part will be randomly placed into one of two research groups. One group will receive the new service and the other group will be provided with information about existing services in their area.
Who is the trial for?
- People with a mental health and/or physical health condition
- People who are out of work and want to work; or working and want support to continue working
- People registered with a GP in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw
- People aged 18+ at the time of referral
To find out more about employment support available in South Yorkshire, visit Working Win.