SCR Skills Provider Network
Introduction to the SCR Provider Network
Skills are a key element of the Sheffield City Region Strategic Economic Plan, an growth plan which will be transformational and over the next 10 years deliver an additional 70,000 new jobs; increase GVA by 10% and create an additional 6,000 new businesses.
There is a fundamental shift in the skills market – we will see unprecedented levels of employer investment, primacy of apprenticeships (especially in 19+), devolution of AEB (Adult Education Budget), loans amongst a few requiring a strong, cohesive, response.
About the SCR Provider Network
The Sheffield City Region Skills Provider Network is a strong forum through which the Sheffield City Region is working with providers from all sectors to shape policy. The forum provides opportunities for providers to pool knowledge and share learning across peer groups.
With over 150 members currently, the network meets quarterly at the Advanced Manufacturing Park in Rotherham. It is open to anyone to come along. These meetings are interspersed with masterclasses and working groups to develop knowledge and progress action.
- This network enables the active participation of skills development organisations operating with the Sheffield City Region (SCR) working in partnership to build and sustain a skills system that is responsive and flexible enough to respond to immediate and emerging skills needs of its businesses.
Why get involved?
- To help create a vibrant, high-performing network of skills and employment providers which plays a key role in delivering the SCR’s Growth Plan to 2020 and beyond.
- Access peer networking, knowledge sharing and build partnerships.
- Have a voice in the shaping of Policy in SCR.
- Receive regular updates on skills and employment activity across SCR.
SCR Provider Network Meetings
March meeting 2017
Skills Provider Network Meeting – 7 March
Underpinning Excellence Presentation – 7 March
Sector Readiness – 7 March
December’s meeting 2016 –
September’s meeting – please click here to download the Agenda and Actions from the last meeting
SCR Network Communication – 6 September
SFA Apprenticeship Levy Key Points – 6 September
SCR LMI overview – 6 September
AEB Presentation – 6 September
- Understanding the Further Education Market: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/understanding-the-further-education-market
- SCR Skills Summit Report 2016: https://issuu.com/room501/docs/bqscrreportprintlr
- Careers Enterprise Company: careersandenterprise.co.uk/mentoringSheffield City Region: Developing the SCR Provider Network, May 2016 – Executive Summary.