Step 3: Develop the detail
Development of the Strategic Economic Plan continued apace following the away day in September.
The Growth Plan Steering Group established five ‘task and finish groups’ to develop priority actions in five key areas:
- Supporting growth in new and existing businesses (Paul Houghton)
- Supporting business growth through infrastructure (Simon Carr)
- Innovation and creativity, and the commercialisation of R&D (Philip Jones)
- Attracting inward investment and increasing trade overseas (David Grey MBE)
- Skills base, labour mobility, and educational performance (Nigel Brewster)
Each group was led by a private sector LEP Board member (named above) and included both local authority and Sector Group representatives.