Sustainable Urban Development – “call” for projects
The Sheffield City Region Sustainable Urban Development Strategy (August 2017) aims to deliver an integrated approach to green growth as part of our wider plan to transform our regional economy.
The Department for Communities and Local Government and the Sheffield City Region Combined Authority have published a Sustainable Urban Development call for projects supporting the shift towards a low carbon economy and promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management in the four South Yorkshire local authority areas (Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield).
This call is looking to specifically promote:
- the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable resources.
- energy efficiency and renewable energy use in enterprises.
- low-carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and mitigation-relevant adaptation measures.
- research and innovation in, and adoption of, low-carbon technologies.
- investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems.
For more information, please click the link below