Update for new projects
The latest deadline of applications was 31st January 2013. By the deadline we received 171 Expressions of Interest (EOIs) asking for ~£66m of RGF. We were able to shortlist ~£15m of projects – and so, the programme was oversubscribed by around £51 million. Each EIO was assessed according to the following criteria:
- The number of new sustainable, private sector jobs created
- The level or “gearing” of private sector investment
- Additionality – growth and not displacement
- Eligibility for RGF support – including issues such as State Aid compliance
- Deliverability – and ability to have an immediate impact
- Value for (public) money.
The SCR LEP will be making an application to Round 4 of the Regional Growth Fund for a ‘top up’ to the programme. If you have a project that meets the objectives of the fund, please complete an Expression of Interest (EOI form here), this will be used as evidence to further substantiate our bid. This form will also be used to shortlist future applications.
We recommend contacting your local economic development team in advance of submitting an expression of interest. Details of lead officers across the Sheffield City Region can be found below.
- Sheffield – Kevin Bennett (0114 2232 416 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Barnsley – Carol Cooper-Smith (01226 787538 – email@example.com)
- Rotherham – Tim O’Connell (01709 254 444 – Tim.OConnell@rotherham.gov.uk)
- Doncaster – Gareth Morgan (01302 862454 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bassetlaw – Robert Wilkinson (01909 533230 – Robert.Wilkinson@bassetlaw.gov.uk)
- Chesterfield – Matthew Southgate (01246) 345272 – email@example.com)
- North East Derbyshire – Bryan Harrison (01246 217204 / 07814420175 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bolsover – Sonia Coleman (01246 242413 email@example.com)
- Derbyshire Dales – Giles Dann (01629 761211 – Giles.Dann@derbyshiredales.gov.uk)
- Lead contact at the LEP – David Hewitt on (0114 254 1335 – firstname.lastname@example.org)