SCR Skills Provider Network
Sheffield City Region’s Skills Provider Network is a strong forum through which we are working with providers from all sectors to shape policy. The forum provides opportunities for providers to pool knowledge and share learning.
With more than 150 members, the network meets quarterly at the Advanced Manufacturing Park in Rotherham and is open to anyone to come along. These meetings include masterclasses and working groups to develop knowledge and ensure things get done.
Why get involved?
- To help create a vibrant, high-performing network of skills and employment providers which plays a key role in delivering the SCR’s Growth Plan to 2020 and beyond.
- Access peer networking, knowledge sharing and build partnerships.
- Have a voice in the shaping of Policy in SCR.
- Receive regular updates on skills and employment activity across SCR
Adult Education Budget: Update
In regard to the devolution of the Adult Education Budget the SCR remains as committed as ever to taking control of AEB in order to be able to deliver a skills and employment system that is truly responsive to need. It is still clear that building strong local partnerships, aligning demand and supply and intelligent commissioning of activity remains best focused around a city region geography.
However, in the current position of uncertainty the SCR has paused commissioning activity in relation to AEB and the further detailed technical work required to meet the “readiness conditions” required before full AEB devolution.
Early Intervention Employment Support Pilot: Update
The Sheffield City Region (SCR) Devolution Deal agreed with Government in 2015 included the development of an Early Intervention Employment Support Pilot. We remain committed to delivering the pilot.
However, in light of current uncertainty over the devolution of powers and new programmes to the Mayoral Combined Authority, the Department for Work and Pensions has notified SCR that progress of the Early Intervention Employment Support Pilot has been paused.
On that basis, there will also be a delay in the public procurement process, as outlined in the market testing event that took place in August. We will issue further updates as we have them.
Our forthcoming meetings are as follows:
- Sheffield City Region 14-19 Working Group. 15 November 2017. Morthyng, Rotherham. Sign up here
- Sheffield City Region Employability Working Group. 16 November 2017. The Source, Meadowhall. Sign up here
- Adult Education Budget Working Group. 23 November 2017. Barnsley College. Sign up here
- Quarterly Sheffield City Region Provider Network Meeting. 8 December 2017. Advanced Manufacturing Park, Rotherham. Sign up here.